Make sure you are signed into your Windows 10 device with the account on which you want to own the game before making a purchase.
- To check this, launch the Store app and select the photo icon at the top-right corner. If your account isn’t listed, you’ll need to sign out and sign in with the correct account.
To purchase the game:
- Open or download the Microsoft Store app.
- Search for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition using the search bar at the top. Alternatively, you can visit this page if you are signed in with the correct account on the web.
- Click the Buy button and follow the steps to complete your purchase.
The Xbox app on Windows 10 allows you to integrate your Xbox account & settings while playing Age of Empire II: Definitive Edition. To launch the Xbox app:
- Press the Windows key and search for Xbox.
- Click the Xbox Console Companion app.
- Sign in with the same account you use to access Xbox Live to unlock achievements and gamerscore for the game.
For more information:
Subscribers to Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) will also be able to download and play both Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, so be sure to sign up and sign in if you want to access the PC Game Pass catalog of games.