If your computer does not meet the minimum specifications to run the Enhanced Graphics Pack DLC, the option may remain disabled in the Options menu. Take a moment to verify that your system meets the minimum requirements to run the game—particularly the 8 GB of RAM necessary to run the enhanced graphics.
In some cases, this issue can appear when the Enhanced Graphics Pack DLC did not download or update properly. Depending on the platform where you are playing, verifying or re-downloading the DLC may fix the issue.
🛠 STEAM USERS
If you have not already, you will need to ensure the DLC is enabled in your Steam settings.
- Right-click on the game in your Library and select Properties.
- Click the DLC tab.
- Check the Enhanced Graphics Pack box to install the DLC.
- Let Steam download the necessary files.
- Launch the game and check/verify that the Enhanced Graphics (UHD) option is checked.
If that doesn’t work, try the following:
- Follow the steps to verify the integrity of your game files. Once this is done, re-launch the game and verify that the issue is fixed.
🛠 MICROSOFT STORE USERS
Verify that the Enhanced Graphics Pack DLC is the same version number as your main game. You can do so by following these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Click the [ . . . ] symbol next to your profile picture.
- Select Downloads and updates from the drop-down menu.
In the menu, you should be able to find both Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and the Enhanced Graphics Pack DLC listed. If the version numbers are not the same, press the Get updates button to detect and download the latest updates. If you continue to see the issue in-game, take the time to uninstall and re-download the Enhanced Graphics Pack DLC:
- Press the Windows key and search for Add or remove programs.
- Click the Add or remove programs systems setting to open the list of apps on your computer.
- Find ‘Enhanced Graphics Pack DLC’ in the list.
- Click the game and click the Uninstall button.
- When your computer is done uninstalling the DLC, open the Microsoft Store.
- Search for Enhanced Graphics Pack DLC.
- Select and download the DLC.
- When it is finished, launch Age of Empires II:Definitive Edition.