I received a beta invitation for the Microsoft Store platform; how do I install it?
Please follow Part A and B of the installation guide below to download and install your beta product on the Microsoft Store platform.
You will need to use the same Microsoft Account that you used to register as an Age of Empires Insider; there is no product key to activate, you just need to be using the authorized Microsoft Account.
- Launch the Microsoft Store from the Start Menu.
- In the top right of the Microsoft Store, search for Xbox Insider or click here to open the product page.
- Click Get on the Xbox Insider product page.
- If prompted to login, please use the authorized Microsoft Account that you used to register as an Age of Empires Insider.
- Download and install the Xbox Insider app.
- Login to the Xbox Insider app with the Microsoft Account you used to register as an Age of Empires Insider.
- If you already have Xbox Insider on your machine, but need to change login accounts, please use the Xbox Console Companion on your machine to manage which Microsoft Accounts are logged into your devices and programs.
- Launch the Xbox Insider app.
- Select Previews from the menu on the left of the app window.
- Select the beta product from the tiles of games.
- If the game does not appear, please make sure you are using the same Microsoft Account that you registered with as an Age of Empires Insider, and that you are meeting minimum requirements for the game.
- On the screen that appears, select Join
- Carefully review and accept the Terms and Conditions presented to you.
- Xbox Insider may take a few moments to process your join request.
- You will be redirected to a Microsoft Store page for the beta product.
- If you are not directed to the Microsoft Store page, please return to the Insider Content page and click Show in Store.
- Please make sure you are using the same Microsoft Account (MSA) in the Microsoft Store that you used with the Xbox Insider App; you can change your Microsoft Store sign-in by using the profile bubble in the top-right.
- On the Microsoft Store page for the beta product, select Install from the right-side of the page.
- You should see the game begin to download and install. Once the download is complete, then you are ready to launch the game!