The following instructions apply to most of our Closed Previews on the Microsoft Store platform. If you have been invited to participate in a Closed Preview Opportunity, please follow both Part A & Part B instructions below.
🚩 Before you Begin
You will need to know the Microsoft Account (MSA) that you used to register as an Age Insider. You can confirm which account you used by visiting your Insider Profile.
There is no product key to activate, instead you must be signed-in on both the Microsoft Store and Xbox Insider Hub applications with the exact same Microsoft Account that was invited to the preview.
Save your invitation email! You may need to refer-back to instructions in the email about where to report bugs and feedback.
📍 Part A: Download the Xbox Insider Hub App
- Launch the Microsoft Store from the Start Menu.
- In the top right of the Microsoft Store, search for Xbox Insider Hub or click here to open the product page.
- Click Get on the Xbox Insider Hub product page.
- If prompted to login, please use the authorized Microsoft Account that you used to register as an Age of Empires Insider.
- Download and install the Xbox Insider Hub app.
- Login to the Xbox Insider Hub app with the Microsoft Account you used to register as an Age of Empires Insider.
- If you already have Xbox Insider Hub on your machine, but need to change login accounts, please use the Xbox Console Companion app on your machine to manage which Microsoft Accounts are logged into your devices and programs.
📍 Part B: Download and Install the Game
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub app.
- Select Previews from the menu on the left of the app window.
- Select the preview product from the tiles of games.
- If the game does not appear, please make sure you are using the same Microsoft Account that you registered with as an Age of Empires Insider, and that you are meeting minimum requirements for the game.
- On the screen that appears, select Join
- Carefully review and accept the Terms and Conditions presented to you.
- Xbox Insider may take a few moments to process your join request.
- You will be redirected to a Microsoft Store page for the preview product.
- If you are not directed to the Microsoft Store page, please return to the Insider Content page and click Show in Store.
- Please make sure you are using the same Microsoft Account (MSA) in the Microsoft Store that you used with the Xbox Insider App; you can change your Microsoft Store sign-in by using the profile bubble in the top-right.
- On the Microsoft Store page for the preview product, select Install from the right-side of the page.
- You should see the game begin to download and install. Once the download is complete, then you are ready to launch the game!