If you do not see the Age of Empires IV preview in the Xbox Insider Hub, please follow these pieces of troubleshooting advice:
🛠Confirm you are Signed-In to the Xbox Console Companion
The Microsoft Account you used in the Xbox Insider should be the same account you are using in the Xbox Console Companion. This should have happened automatically when you signed-in to the Xbox Insider app, but sometimes your sign-in may not be preserved.
- Use the Windows Start menu search bar to locate the Xbox Console Companion app
- Open the Xbox Console Companion app
- Click the profile bubble in the top-left to confirm which Gamertag is signed into the app
- If you need to change accounts, right-click on the profile bubble and select Sign Out
🛠 Refresh Xbox Insider Hub Connection
If your gamertags match from the above steps, then your local copy of the Xbox Insider Hub may need to refresh its connection to Xbox’s servers. Please try these troubleshooting steps:
- Use the Xbox Console Companion app to log out.
- Run Windows Updates.
- Restart your machine.
- Use the Xbox Console Companion to log in.
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
- Navigate to Insider Content.
🛠Confirm Windows Display Language & Microsoft Apps Language Settings are the same before re-launching the Xbox Insider Hub
- Open the Start Menu
- Click on Settings (gear icon)
- Navigate to Time & Language > Language
- Confirm that the language listed under "Windows Display Language" (which changes PC settings) matches the same language listed under "Preferred Languages" (which changes apps and website defaults)
You might need to further adjust the default languages on your Microsoft account preferences:
- Login to your Microsoft Account profile: https://account.microsoft.com/profile
- Go to Your Info
- Scroll down to Language Info
- Make sure the settings here match the settings in Windows