A Slotted Spline entity allows you to add walls along a spline.
These entities are useful to create pre-made palisade or stone walls on your map. These walls can be either given an owner or be created neutral without an owner.
Adding a Slotted Spline Wall
To add a slotted spline wall, perform the following steps:
- Drag the Slotted Spline icon from the Object Browser onto the Render View.
- In the Scenario Tree, select the Slotted Spline underneath the Slotted Spline Group.
- In the Slotted Spline's Properties panel, use the Blueprint field to add a blueprint of your choice. This must be a building_defense_wall or building_defense_palisade from a specific civilization.
Note: if you use the "Core" building_defense_wall, only the bastions will appear. You must use a specific civilization's building_defense_wall to create a complete wall.
- Set the Owner of the wall. This is important for players being able to add gates or towers.
- Your spline should now look like a short wall with bastions at either end.
Note If your wall doesn't immediately appear, that may be because the wall is not compatible with the surrounding terrain. Try moving your spline to a new, more clear area to make it appear.
- If you wish, you can move this wall around, rotate it, or otherwise modify it as needed.
- You can press the Space bar to edit the control points and move them around.
- While in this mode (Edit Mode to use control points) you add more wall simply by right clicking the ground where you want the wall to continue to.
- You can also right click between 2 control points to refine the wall between those 2 points.
Adding a Gate and Towers to a Spline Wall
Gates and towers can be added to any stone wall.
To add a gate to a spline wall, perform the following steps:
- Right-Click the Slotted Spline Group icon and choose + Add. Another slotted spline will be added to the group
- Within this new spline, delete one of the two nodes.
- Within the spline's Properties, add a defense wall gate Blueprint and ensure it's the Same Owner as the wall it is being attached to.
- Walls and towers have directional facing depending where you place the control point. The gate or the tower will face this direction.
To add a defense tower to the spline, simply replace the Gate asset with a Tower asset.
Adding Intersecting Walls
When building stone walls, you can add intersecting walls by adding a new spline near a bastion.
To add an intersecting wall to a slotted spline, perform the following steps.
- Right-Click the Slotted Spline Group icon and choose + Add. Another slotted spline will be added to the group.
- Within the spline's Properties, use the Blueprint field to add another building_defense_wall to the spline, ensuring it is the Same Owner as the wall it's being attached to.
- Drag one of the spline's nodes anywhere onto the original spline. If a bastion exists at that location, it will snap and merge with your new bastion. If it is a straight wall segment, it will merge the existing wall with the bastion you're dragging around.
- You can have a maximum of four walls off a single bastion. Also note that when a wall or bastion is close to a steep cliff, an offshoot will spawn to intersect the cliff, similar to wall behavior in-game. You can see this cliff-wall intersect in the image below.