I received a beta invite for the Steam platform; how do I install it?
Please follow Part A and B of the installation guide below to activate and unlock your beta product on the Steam platform.
You will use both the Steam Key and Beta Password BEFORE you launch the game.
You may need to refer to the Beta Password again in the future, so please save your invitation email.
Part A: Activate your Steam Key
- Select and copy ( CTRL + C ) the Steam key from the invite email.
- Launch Steam and login with your Steam account.
- If you do not have the Steam client installed, you can download it here.
- Click the Games menu at the top of the application window.
- Select “Activate a Product on Steam…” from the dropdown menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reach the Product Activation screen (pictured below).
- Paste ( CTRL + V ) the Steam key into the activation window and click Next.
- Select the game and click Finish.
- You should now see the beta product added to your Games Library and a download begin, however you are not yet done installing the game – Please proceed to Part B below.
Part B: Unlock with Beta Password
- Select and copy ( CTRL + C ) the beta password from the invite email.
- Locate the beta product in your Games Library.
- Right-click the game title and select Properties at the bottom of the menu.
- In the window that appears, select the BETAS tab on the top right.
- In the next field, paste ( CTRL + V ) the beta password (not the Steam key!) and click Check Code.
- You will receive a confirmation message stating “Access code correct…” below the text field.
- Select the beta branch name from the dropdown menu (example below). You must select the appropriate branch option in order for the beta to be unlocked.
- You should now notice the game run an update and do another download. Once this download is complete, then you are ready to launch the game!
Here is an example image of where the branch dropdown is located. Please see your invitation email for information on the game title, branch name, and password you should be using.
NOTE: If you go to launch the game and you receive a “Missing Executable” error, then you need to repeat Part B, and check that Step #7 has saved properly.