The following instructions apply to most of our Closed Previews on the Steam platform. If you have been invited to participate in a Closed Preview Opportunity, please follow both Part A & Part B instructions below.
🚩 Before you Begin
You will need both your Steam Key and your Beta Password.
This information can be found in your invitation email, or on the appropriate Preview Card while signed-in your Insider Page.
Save your invitation email! You may need to refer-back to your Steam Key and Beta Password or re-read instructions in the email about where to report bugs and feedback.
📍 Part A: Activate your Steam Key
- Select and copy ( CTRL + C ) the Steam key from the invite email or the Preview Card.
- Launch Steam and login with your Steam account.
- If you do not have the Steam client installed, you can download it here.
- Click the Games menu at the top of the application window.
- Select “Activate a Product on Steam…” from the dropdown menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reach the Product Activation screen (pictured below).
- Paste ( CTRL + V ) the Steam key into the activation window and click Next.
- Select the game and click Finish.
- You should now see the beta product added to your Games Library and a download begin, however you are not yet done installing the game – Please proceed to Part B below.
📍 Part B: Unlock with Beta Password
- Select and copy ( CTRL + C ) the beta password from the invite email or the Preview Card.
- Locate the beta product in your Games Library.
- Right-click the game title and select Properties at the bottom of the menu.
- In the window that appears, select the BETAS tab on the top right.
- In the next field, paste ( CTRL + V ) the beta password (not the Steam key!) and click Check Code.
- You will receive a confirmation message stating “Access code correct…” below the text field.
- If the beta password does not work, please try copy-pasting again, removing any extra spaces from the beginning or end of the password
- Select the beta branch name from the dropdown menu (example below). You must select the appropriate branch option in order for the beta to be unlocked.
- If the appropriate beta branch is not listed, please re-enter the beta password and click Check Code again.
- You should now notice the game run an update and do another download. Once this download is complete, then you are ready to launch the game!
Here is an example image of where the branch dropdown is located.
NOTE: If you go to launch the game and you receive a “Missing Executable” error, then you need to repeat Part B, and check that Step #7 has been set properly.