Depending on the platform you are using (Microsoft Store or Steam), moving your game’s installation location will require different steps.
Note that your Save files, Recorded Games, and Crash Reports will still save to your C: drive, and MUST remain there to be accessible in-game.
🛠 MICROSOFT STORE
- Press the Windows key and search for Apps & features.
- Select Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.
- Click the Move button.
- Choose a new drive from the drop-down menu.
- Click Move to automatically move the game to a new home.
- First, you’ll need to make a Steam library folder on the second drive.
- Click Steam > Settings, and then select the Downloads category.
- Click the Steam Library Folders button, and then Add Library Folder.
- Select the drive where you want to create a new Steam library folder, name it, and click OK to create the new folder.
- Now navigate to your games Library.
- Right-click on the game you want to move and select Properties.
- Click the Local Files tab, and then the Move Install Folder button.
- Select the new folder and click the Move Folder button.
- Steam will automatically move the game’s files to the new library location.
Note that moving your game off the C: drive may result in performance issues. If you notice a negative impact on your game, consider moving it back to your primary hard drive.