- Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is available on Xbox
- Xbox Keyboard and Mouse Setup
- Narration options - Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
- How do I play Age II: DE cross-platform with my friends?
- How do I create a multiplayer match in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition?
- How do I join a multiplayer match in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition?
- Known Issues & Solutions
- I cannot see any game lobbies. What's wrong?
- I am getting disconnected from multiplayer games
- The game crashes shortly after it launches or when trying to start a game.
- After installing an update, the game crashes shortly after launch.
- I only see a black menu screen after the intro video.
- Unable to join game. Error: Unknown error
- 0xfffffff error code
- Microsoft Store: I receive an error when launching the game: 'This app can't open.' Returning to the store page shows the 'Reinstall' rather than 'Play' button.
- I receive an error when launching the game from a shortcut: 'AoE2DE.exe — System Failure'
- I receive an error when launching the game: 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Assertion failed!'
Sign-In & Account Issues
- Is an Xbox account required to play Age II: DE?
- I cannot play online, I receive a 'User Privilege Error!'
- I receive an error when trying to log into Xbox Live: 'Error 0x8015DC0B'
- I am unable sign in or connect to Xbox Live.
- I am unable to connect to Steam.
Mods & Scenarios
- Scenario & Mods: Download and Installation Instructions
- I cannot access my downloaded mods on PC
- How do I remove a mod from my computer?
- What does the mod ‘Priority’ represent?
- How do I enable or disable a mod?
- What does it mean to ‘Subscribe’ to a mod?
- How to find information for troubleshooting with Support
- I have questions about the game and the solution is not on the Support pages
- How do I request a refund?
- Additional Support Resources
Download & Installation
- How do I download Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition?
- Microsoft Store: Update not showing in store
- Microsoft Store: I receive an error when trying to install the game: 'Error 0x80070005'
- Microsoft Store: I receive an error when trying to download the game: 'Try again later. Something has happened on our end.'
- Microsoft Store: I receive an error and cannot click the install button: 'You must be an Administrator.'
- Microsoft Store: The game download gets stuck partway through—displaying as partially complete or complete—but the 'Install' button never changes to the 'Play' button.