Mods allow users to change nearly any aspect of their game: from the sound and look to the addition of entirely new scenarios and gameplay elements. Downloading or creating a game mod is simple and can be done in-game or via the ageofempires.com website.
DOWNLOADING A MOD IN-GAME
The easiest way to download a mod is to search for and install it in-game.
- Launch Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the title screen.
- Choose Mods.
- Click the Browse Mods tab.
- Type in the name of the mod you want to download. You can also use the filter to find mods based on their tags, or can use the table to sort by Name, Size, Likes, or the number of Downloads.
- Click Subscribe to automatically download and install the mod.
The mod will now be listed on your Installed Mods tab, where you can enable, disable, unsubscribe, and prioritize your mods.
DOWNLOADING A MOD FROM THE WEBSITE
You can also download mods from the ageofempires.com website.
- Navigate to https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/
- You will need to sign in with your Xbox Live or Steam account, depending on your version of the game.
- Use the search box or filters to find a mod.
- Click the mod to view the specific mod details page.
- Click Subscribe.
The next time you launch the game, the mod should be available in your game Mods.