Error 0x803F8001 is most commonly attributed to a game permissions problem or missing updates on your computer. There are a few steps you can take to try and work around the issue:
🛠 Restart your computer.
Make sure you power down your computer completely and then restart.
🛠 Make sure you have the latest Windows Updates installed on your system.
If you are missing any critical updates or updates for the Microsoft Store, your apps may not run properly. Be sure to check for any critical Windows Updates.
🛠 Disable your antivirus program and re-launch the game.
Some antivirus programs have been known to interfere with the launch of the game.
🛠 Uninstall the app completely and then reinstall it again.
To uninstall an app, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
🛠 Sign out of your Microsoft accounts.
If you have multiple accounts installed on your Windows machine, sign out of all accounts except the one tied to your purchase of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. Re-launch your store and try to play again.
One successful approach players have discovered is that by installing a free app from the Microsoft Store, it allows Age of Empires: Definitive Edition to finish downloading.
🛠 Install any free app from the Microsoft Store.
Choose any free app from the Microsoft Store and download it. Once it is finished, navigate to your Library and launch Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. You can then uninstall the other app(s) at any time.
If all of the above options fail, try clearing your Microsoft Store cache to see if it helps:
- Create a system restore point first.
- Press the Windows key and type wsreset.exe.
- Right-click on wsreset.ece and select, “Run as administrator.”
- A command prompt window will open. Once it is finished, a Microsoft Store window will pop up with the following confirmation message: “The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps.”
- Reboot your computer and then try downloading Age of Empires: Definitive Edition.
If you continue to have a problems, please contact the Microsoft Support Team—making sure to include any steps you took to address the problem.