Routine maintenance happens periodically to update the Age of Empires multiplayer servers. During maintenance access to online matchmaking and other online features for Age of Empires games. This affects the following games:
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)
- Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)
- Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)
- Age of Empires IV (Steam / Microsoft Store)
Age of Empires IV shows a 'Disconnected' message during maintenance?
Players opening Age IV during maintenance may see a Disconnected message with one of the connection error codes:
- C00T01R-1X-16 52656C6903A8
- C00T01R-1X-16 52656C690107
Can I still play Age IV and other Age games during maintenance?
Yes! Single player matches, including Campaign, Skirmish, and Art of War, are all available to play during maintenance.
Can multiplayer matches still be played during maintenance?
No. If a match is in progress at the beginning of maintenance it will be disrupted when the servers are taken offline.