Messages are objects you can add to a map that allow you to leave custom messages pinned to a specific spot.
These messages are only visible within the Content Editor, so can be useful for cross-collaboration with other developers, or to simply leave notes for yourself.
Adding a Message
To add a message to your map, open the Object Browser , find the Message entity and drag it into your map.
When created, your message will be empty and display nothing.
Select the message entity to open its Properties panel, which will allow you to add the text to display and modify this text's colour.
The Properties panel will open whenever you have a Message entity selected.
Messages have their own unique set of parameters within the Properties panel, described below.
- Comment: Allows you to comment on your message
- Display Name: If empty, the message will be displayed in the scenario tree view.
- Locked: Will lock selection of the message.
- Visible: Toggles visibility of the message.
- Colour: Text of the message colored to anything you wish.
- Message: This field is where you write the text of your message to be displayed.
- Position: The exact position of the message, measured from the center of the map.