Make sure you are signed into your Windows 10/11 device with the account on which you want to own the game before making a purchase.
- To check this, launch the Store app and select the photo icon at the top-right corner. If your account isn't listed, you'll need to sign out and sign in with the correct account.
To purchase the game:
- Open or download the Microsoft Store app.
- Search for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition using the search bar at the top. Alternatively, you can visit this page if you are signed in with the correct account on the web.
- Click the Buy button and follow the steps to complete your purchase.
The Xbox app on Windows 10 allows you to integrate your Xbox account & settings while playing Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition. To launch the Xbox app:
- Press the Windows key and search for Xbox.
- Click the Xbox Console Companion app.
- Sign in with the same account you use to access Xbox Live to unlock achievements and gamerscore for the game.
Subscribers to Xbox Game Pass for PC can download and play Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition, so be sure to sign up and sign in if you want to access the PC Game Pass catalog of games.