These steps can help to clear up any visual issues with the minimap or map background.
🛠 STEAM: Verify the integrity of the game files.
Follow the steps to verify the integrity of your game files. Once this is done, re-launch the game and verify that the issue is fixed.
🛠 Update your display drivers.
If you are playing on old or outdated display drivers, you may encounter issues when trying to launch and play any game. You can check what video card and drivers you are running using the DxDiag command. Once you know what hardware you’re using, you can download the appropriate drivers from the web:
- Nvidia Video Card Drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
- ATI Video Card Drivers: https://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
- Intel Drivers: https://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/graphics
- Laptop video drivers are dependent on and obtained from your laptop’s manufacturer.
🛠 Manually update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables and restart your machine.
Make sure you have all the necessary files to run the game. You can find the latest visual studio files here.
- If you are using a 64-bit Operating System, download the vc_redist.x64.exe file.
- If you are using a 32-bit Operating System, download the vc_redist.x86.exe file.
🛠 Uninstall and reinstall the game.
After trying some of the earlier steps, see if uninstalling and reinstalling the app using these instructions in conjunction with the previous steps changes your display.
🛠 Move the app to a different drive.For some users, visual glitches may be attributed to low disk space on the drive where the game is installed. Freeing up space on that drive or moving the game to a different drive will provide additional virtual memory to run the game.
To move your game to a different drive, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key and search for Apps & features.
- Select the game.
- Click the Move button.
- Choose a new drive from the drop-down menu.
- Click Move to automatically move the game to a new home.