Mods allow users to change nearly any aspect of their game: from the sound and look to the addition of entirely new scenarios and gameplay elements. Downloading or creating a game mod is simple, and can be done in-game or via the ageofempires.com website.
🛠 DOWNLOADING A MOD IN-GAME
The easiest way to download a mod is to search for and install it in-game.
- Launch Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition.
- Click on the Tools button on the title screen.
- Then click the Mods option.
- Choose the Browse Mods tab
- Type in the name of the mod you want to download or browse the list.
- Click Subscribe to automatically download and install the mod.
The mod will now be listed on your Installed Mods tab, where you can enable, disable, unsubscribe, and prioritize your mods.
🛠 DOWNLOADING A MOD FROM THE WEBSITE
You can also download mods from the ageofempires.com website.
- Navigate to https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/
- Use the search box or filters to find a mod.
- Click the mod to view the specific mod details page.
- Click Subscribe.
- You may need to sign in with your Xbox Live or Steam account, depending on your version of the game.
- You’re done!
The next time you launch the game, the mod should be available in your game Installed Mods.