This error can manifest in several ways depending on the platform and method of launching your game:
- When launching the game via the Microsoft Store, it fails to launch.
- When launching the game via Steam, a message reads “Preparing to launch” or “Syncing,” but the game never opens.
- When launching the game from its executable file directly, a System Error pops-up indicating that one or more .DLL files are missing
Customers in Europe or Korea who are running Windows 10 N or KN, respectively, will need to install the free Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 in order to launch the game:
🛠 Check for pending Windows updates. Verify that there are not any pending Windows updates.
While you may be on an up-to-date version of the OS, there may be essential application updates waiting to install. Be sure to restart your device after installing any updates.
🛠 Manually update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables and restart your machine.
You can find these files HERE.
- If you are using a 64-bit Operating System, download the vc_redist.x64.exe file.
- If you are using a 32-bit Operating System, download the vc_redist.x86.exe file.
🛠 If you are running the Windows ‘N’ or ‘KN’ version of Windows 10, install the Media Features Pack.
These files can be found HERE.
If you continue to encounter issues, please contact the Support Team for additional assistance.