Opening the Editor
The Age of Empires IV Content Editor is opened outside of Age of Empires IV using either the Microsoft Store/Xbox app or Steam.
To open the editor, follow the set of steps given below for your platform.
Microsoft Store / Xbox App
The Age of Empires IV Content Editor appears next to the main game's launcher in one of these three places:
- Start Menu
- Game Folder
The location the Content Editor appears in depends on the preferences you have set in the Xbox app or Microsoft Store.
The Age of Empires IV Content Editor is listed as a separate Library item under the Tools section. To filter your Library to see Tools, perform the following steps:
- In the Steam Library, open the GAMES drop-down menu.
- Using this menu, check the TOOLS box. The title will switch to GAMES AND TOOLS.
- Search the list of applications for the Age of Empires IV Content Editor (Beta). The editor will appear directly below Age of Empires IV in the list.
Note: If the Content Editor does not appear, you may need to re-start Steam
To start using the Age of Empires IV Content Editor, see these beginner guides:
- What types of mods you can create: Introduction to Age of Empires IV Mods
- What the editor looks like and what it can do: Content Editor Basics