The object browser is the main panel for dragging and dropping any kind of object, asset, marker, splat, deform, or similar elements onto your custom map.
Nearly everything that can be imported into a map can be found here.
Opening the Object Browser
Normally, the Object Browser is open by default and appears on the center-bottom of the main editor interface.
Displaying the Object Browser
If the Object Browser is not already open, you can open the interface from the top tool bar by navigating: Scenario > Object Browser
Using the Object Browser
The Object Browser is a navigable interface that allows you to search for, select, and drag items into the main viewport.
When you drag an item from the Object Browser onto the main viewport, the brush will change to match your selection. You may then click to place the object you selected.
Object Tool Properties
When the base templates in the Object Browser are dragged into the viewport, they are often "blank" and need to have their tool properties set.
To set the tool properties of a Base Template, use the Properties panel on the right side of the interface to set the specifics of the currently selected tool.
Browsing via Folders
You can also browse the folders in the Object Browser to access various objects. If you navigate this way, all properties are already pre-loaded, allowing the tools to be used immediately without having to load.
When using these folders, simply drag a specific object onto the map to instantly import it.
The Object Browser Bar
The Object Browser Bar appears along the top of the Properties Panel and contains a number of universal controls, regardless of what kind of entity is selected.
- Refresh: Refreshes the selection on all items.
- Icon Size: Changes the display icons in the interface to small, medium or large.
- Details: Changes the display to show a horizontal view that includes the details of the items in the Object Browser.
- Search All: Causes the search field to search all folders in the Object Browser.
- Search Current: Causes the search field to search the current folder in the Object Browser.
- Arrow Buttons: These buttons allow ease of navigation within the folders (back, forward, parent).